Monday, April 12, 2010

If I Could Be on a Game Show..

If I could compete on any game show, which one would I choose? Face it: I would never, ever be on a game show. Let's be honest here - I just don't have the talents. These cheap forms of entertainment are all about determination, courage, dedication, and perfecting extreme, beautifully artistic or hilarious skills; none of which I possess.

Not only am I believed to be the least athletic student in the grade, but I also lack the intense singing talent required to compete against the incredible contestants on American Idol. Of course it would be exhilarating to be on a show like Wipe Out, or hilarious to try I Survived a Japanese Game Show. But if you can't find a certain category that fits you and your abilities, what's the point of going on a show that you don't have your heart set on? The people on those shows work for their whole lives and only have one chance to shine and to prove what they're worth. Could I really take that chance away from them?

The shows are divided into categories: sports, singing, dancing, etc. What if I don't want to be stereotyped or labeled? To compete on a game show, it's ideal that you are incredibly talented relating to the main theme of the program. I've always thought of myself as being moderately good at most things instead of being lousy at most and excellent at one big category, like basketball or science. I think it's better to be this way anyway - because when I finally do find the right path for me and what I truly love, I can strive for it and already have a head start on it... I just may not have found it yet, therefore I am not ready to fight for it on national television, whatever "it" may turn out to be.

andie, xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. You made some good points about how dedicated the people on game shows have to be, I mean, they do all this CRAZY stuff! They have to REALLY want it and probably have trained for months before. I think it's a good idea to be fairly good at everything at this age, instead of SUPER GREAT at one thing and not very good at most other things. Great post, Andie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie, I like how you slightly steered away from the week's topic to clearly state your opinion and point. Not only did you simply say you didn't want to be on a gameshow, but you used reasons to back up why. I found that this post was creative and really flowed together!
    Maybe include a picture in your next post.
    p.s. you most definitely do not lack any singing talent!

    ReplyDelete