Friday, January 22, 2010

It's a Bird, It's a Plane!

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's an egg-salad sandwich! NO! It's... Andie..?
If I was a superhero, I might not want to be the flashy kind that's always in the public eye. I think Spiderman and Batman made a wise decision, keeping their true identities hidden. If your enemies knew who you really were - and they were smart - they would obviously use it against you. Maybe they would burn up your house or take your loved ones away, and I would never risk that. I wouldn't let people see me all the time, either, because then some crazy person who is crazy enough to intensely dislike superheroes might try to kill me or something. I would work in the shadows, helping people secretly. And if I was working this way, I would need a super power that was discreet, like mind-reading. I think it's the perfect ability. I would want it even as a normal kid, because I could know at any time what all the answers were in social situations, and in superhero duties, what my nemesis's next move would be .

If I did want to be a stereotypical, flashy superhero, I think I would be Bubble Girl or something like that. I could have a lot of fun with bubbles. Maybe I could use them as force fields to keep some people in bubbles safely, whether they be innocent victims or my dangerous enemies. The enemies would be kept in a different kind of bubble though. A Trouble Bubble! I could also have a soapy spray to squirt into people's eyes and blind them temporarily. I would probably call it a Bubble Blast. I could even fly while I was in my own personal bubble! That would be cool, flying above the city in a bubble, keeping an eye out for trouble. Bubbles would make a pretty fantastic costume too. I would make sure that it was as iridescent as they were, and maybe it could allow me to turn invisible!

But when I'm back to my secret identity 'normal' self, would I be able to keep my secret? Hannah Montana makes it look easy, but I sort of have a big mouth. I might just want to leave the super work to someone else, and work on being a good citizen. Because when the bubble bursts, I'm still just me, a normal kid who needs to make an impact in my first life.

andie, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment