Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Who Would You Like To Be For a Day?

Imagine being eight years old and having one of the biggest, best wardrobes in the country, meeting every huge celebrity and having people wait on you hand and foot. President Barack Obama’s daughters Sasha and Malia lead the lives of princesses. I’m pretty sure they are the luckiest little girls in North America; let me count the ways.

Not everyone gets to fly on Air Force One of course - that would be an incredible experience – but mostly, I’m jealous that these two girls get PRIVATE CONCERTS. Just this Christmas, they got a private show from the one and only Justin Bieber, and my heart was pounding out of my chest as I watched it on YouTube. How did they get so lucky as to be born as the daughters of Barack and Michelle Obama? It was only chance. I could’ve been born as either Sasha or Malia instead. What made these fetuses so special?

I wish so, so much that I could take their place. The only downsides to their entire lives that I could think of would be an invasion of privacy and the question of safety. Who would want the Secret Service surrounding you on your first date? And as for safety…well there would always be the risk of someone kidnapping or harming the girls for political reasons. There would always be danger, everywhere you went.

Besides those concerns, theirs is a charmed life. Who wouldn't want to be them?


andie, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment